Benefits of Chamber Membership
1) Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan: Your business can be part of the largest group insurance plan in Canada because you are a member of our Chamber. Flexible plans that you can custom build to suit your needs! For a free quote, go to https://www.chamberplan.ca/
2) BC Chamber Benefits: By being a member of our Chamber, you qualify for a host of benefits offered by the BC Chamber. Go to their website to see! http://www.bcchamber.org/member-benefits
3) Board Room Use 4X Per Year Free of Charge (up to 3 hours per usage). The rate for non-members of the Chamber of Commerce is $25 per hour. Big Value Here!
5) Chamber Website listing: Chamber Members are listed on our website; our website traffic will be able to find you! The CVCC website offers a rich repository of useful information, including connection to other businesses in the valley and with ongoing updates on Chamber and community activities.
6) Member-2-Member Benefits: The Chamber is spearheading a plan to encourage members of the Chamber to encourage other Chamber members to shop at their business by offering benefits/discounts!! Participation is voluntary.
7) Spring Trade and Arts Fair. By supporting the Chamber, you allow it to continue running the annual Spring Trade and Arts Fair, which is now the biggest trade show in the Kootenays! Many businesses and local artists take advantage of this opportunity to showcase themselves to several thousand people over trade show weekend, which is typically the last weekend of April. Chamber members will have a discounted booth rate as compared to non-members!
8) Major community events. The Chamber has developed, and hosts, several major annual events that benefit our entire community (CV Business Awards, CKL Gran Fondo, Spring Trade Show, May Long Ball Slo-pitch tourney, Dragon's Den) Your support of the Chamber allows us to do these activities which will benefit all Creston businesses either directly or indirectly. Often there is a monetary benefit for Chamber members as well (lower booth costs at Trade Show, less expensive tickets at events, etc.)
9) NEW!! Home Based Business and Artist Membership Category!! Only $85 per year plus GST!! We are reaching out to all types of businesses, big and small.
10) Tax Deductible. Your membership costs are tax deductible against your business.
11) Member workshops. Your membership includes free attendance at various valuable information session and training workshops of value to business owners and employees (schedule of events will be available in early 2018).
4) Canadian Chamber of Commerce: By being a member of our Chamber, you qualify for a host of benefits offered by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. Check out these benefits at http://www.chamber.ca/
12) Computer Donation Program: Starting in 2018, the Chamber teamed up with Swift Internet and Computer Repari, as well as Kootenay Computer to collect computers, and place them with those in need who cannot afford a computer. Up to December, 2019, there were approximately 50 computers placed in Creston. This is strictly a donation based service, and the Chamber of Commerce is grateful to Swift Internet and Computer Repair as well as Kootenay Computer for working with the Chamber to benefit many households in Creston at no charge.