JOIN US TODAY!
Chamber Brochure (pdf)
Chamber membership provides tangible benefits for business owners and their employees. You don’t have to be a business owner to become a member. We welcome all kinds of organizations and also individuals that want to participate as Chamber members. Whether your organization is non-profit, not-for-profit, or you are self-employed, everyone and their organization is welcome to join.
The annual cost of membership ranges from $52.50 for a full-year Individual membership to $393.75 for a full year for a larger organization with over 20 employees. Non-profit and Associate organizations can join for $78.75. A single employee business can join for only $120.75 Our membership year is from January to December. Of course you can join any time of the year.
Information about Chamber member benefits & membership applications
The Real Value of Chamber Membership:
Advocates of Chambers of Commerce have long believed that when a company is active in its local chamber, it is doing the right thing not only for the community but for its own success as well. While there is plenty of evidence to show the impact of chambers of commerce on their communities, it is much harder to find data that quantify the impact of belonging to a chamber. A recent study commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives* conducted a survey to determine the real value to companies in terms of consumer outcomes of joining and being active in their local chamber of commerce. Do consumers really support businesses because they are chamber members?
A sampling of some of these results proves this to be the case.
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The conclusion is clear: A membership in the Chamber of Commerce has real value for your business.
* The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce A Research Study – The Schapiro Group, 2002
Affinity programs – MEMBER BENEFITS
The BC Chamber of Commerce facilitates a suite of benefits for its membership to help B.C. companies lower their day-to-day business costs. BC Chamber benefits enable our membership to access preferential rates on key business services including group insurance, email marketing, merchant services, travel, gasoline, office supplies and training.
Please contact your local Chamber of Commerce to get more information about benefit rates and to access benefits administration forms.
Member Benefits_2015 (printable)
The Chamber Learning Network offers BC Chamber special member pricing on customized training seminars.
BC Chamber members access exclusive discounts on ChamberMaster’s member-management software.
BC Chamber members access exclusive rates on group insurance plans through Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance.
BC Chamber members access exclusive savings on Constant Contact’s entire suite of online marketing tools.
Esso offers BC Chamber members a discount on fuel, oil, fluid top-ups and car washes.
BC Chamber members are provided exclusive low rates on merchant services, credit and debit card transactions and products tailored to suit your business needs.
BC Chamber members access exclusive discounts on hotels and car rentals. Savings may be as much as 50%, and average 10 to 20% below market rates.
BC Chamber Members can take advantage of exclusive, lower than web rates with Park’N Fly.
Payworks Chamber of Commerce affinity pricing offers BC Chamber members access to Payworks’ payroll solutions at a member discount.
BC Chamber members receive 2 cents off per litre on all grades of gas and diesel.
Shaw Sabey & Associates provides a Directors & Officers’ Liability Insurance program for board directors of BC Chamber member Chambers and Boards.
BC Chamber members receive discounts off the posted pump price for gasoline, diesel and retail purchases with the Shell Triton Card.
BC Chamber members can access the Staples Advantage discount program, which provides savings on office essentials, print solutions and more.
VersaPay offers BC Chamber members preferential processing rates on Visa, MasterCard, debit and e-commerce.
Information about special offers for Chamber member
Commerce Energy Contact Form
Commerce Energy Flyer
Esso BC Chamber Application
Esso Flyer BC Chamber Application
Shell Faxable Application Form BC Chamber
Shell Faxable Application Form BC Chamber
TD Merchant Services Flyer
VersaPay BC Chamber Flyer